Saturday, July 7, 2012

I was talking to someone the other day, he was commenting on how much stronger I looked than the last time he had seen me and I was taken aback by that comment, having been ill most of the winter I certainly don't feel stronger.  But then I started to think about it, and we were talking about the event that had lead to my decline...my mother's end of life care.
This, of course, lead to the story of my mother's death and the decisions that I was forced to make at that time. 
And the subject of forgiveness. 

I have not forgiven myself and altho I am much closer to that point than I was a year ago, I have begun to wonder if forgiveness will come.  I know from my meditation practice that it is essential, and yet, it is not there.

As a matter of fact, there are many people and situations that I have not yet forgiven.   Life has not been terribly kind with it's hand of cards in this current round, and I hold far too many resentments that I need to be able to let go of.

I miss having people in my life.  I miss that very much.  I do not miss the pain that is associated with those people.  I do think it is time for me to open my life again.  There are some things that I could do without the compromise that I feel in some situations, and I think it is time to step out and re warm my cold heart. 

I do think it is time

Remember the tinman

No comments:

Post a Comment