Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Back to Work!

Ahhhh, the decluttering continues.  I think I gave up on the basement totally, and have switched to the second floor. 
The first book shelf to hit my wrath of down sizing was my knitting pattern shelf.  Now, of course, this is much more than just knitting.  The whole scope of needle arts and some painting arts are on this shelf, and it is  much too crowded.  I was able to let go of one full shelf out of the four on this book case, so am feeling really good about that.  Now to make decisions on how to get rid of the books I am not keeping... whether to try and sell them or to just let them go to good will.  I really don't like the good will idea, but it may win out.

After a full day in bed yesterday for my efforts, I promised myself I would only do half as much today.  Again, of course, that didn't happen.  The next shelf to go turned out to be three in one.... beginning to declutter the big shelf, as well as languages, poetry and mythology, and the young adult books that I've been hanging on to "just because".  I was able to sort into piles for the kids for a while, but then I got confused as to which box was which and ended up with piles.  I did end up with one book shelf totally empty and one more than half empty, with only one box of books that I am keeping.  I feel really proud of that one.  Now, they have to leave my house, or at the very least, this room, before I can do any more moving around, because I am out of space to move into. 

I am thinking right now that it will take me about two weeks to do this room, which means my May first deadline is not going to be met,  but it is a self imposed deadline, so it is rather move-able.  I am still pushing.  I know each day I over do means a full day off, and that is hard too.  Maybe if I kept some quiet activities in my bedroom, I would handle the down days a little bit better.

The work in the studio is coming along slow but well also.  I was able to empty one box and one flat bin this month, and I'm only half way thru the month.  Maybe some day I'll have all of this under control.  That would be so nice.

Tomorrow is a sewing day.  Chrissy's quilt is coming along great, but I am almost out of time, and with the doctor on Friday, I'll lost most of that day.... sew sew sew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment