Sunday, January 5, 2014

Books for the New Year

I didn't quite make my reading goal for last year, and I certainly plan on changing that this year.  It has been a few years since I set the goal of reading the mysteries that i collect in copyright order by author.  I am still on Christie, which is inexcusably lazy.   Christie is one of  my favorite authors and I do own almost the whole collection  of her books.
I do have several books started, including two self help, two writing books, three fiction and two non fiction.  Perhaps, like my sewing projects, I should hone this down to one or two at a time.... but I seem to be too scattered lately to do that.

I have decided to revisit the book "Creative Journal Writing" and am enjoy the quotes in each chapter as well as the hints on writing.  Maybe I'll get all the way through the book this time.  I'd really like to do that.  I am also working through "A Whole New You", and have been for quite a while.  I guess I got bored with it, or just don't see the process as one that works for me.
Add to this "52 Small Changes", I think I have the "work on yourself" corner covered quite well.

I am actively looking for a book group, both on line and in real.  Megan and I are reading a couple of books together, but we don't have the time for discussions that we'd like to have.

After watching Downton Abby I became interested in the history, and I found "The Four Queens" last summer.  I've just about finished this one, I'm thinking I need to go back further in history to understand how people lived.

I've hurt my right hand again and I'm not able to knit or crochet right now, so maybe reading will win out and I'll get more done in the first part of the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment