Wednesday, January 8, 2014

On With the Great Move

We have started moving the sewing room, creating a total disaster of things that have no home, but we did effectively empty what will be Selena's room.   The cleaning up is done, the painting almost done and we are ready to clean the carpet and move in the furniture.  Selena is almost as much of a fairy as i am, so the decorating will be easy.  I can't wait.  Purple in place.  I hope to find the money to buy her a new quilt, but for now my stars and moons will have to do.

Letting my hand heal has been really hard on me, but good for my reading.  I just finished "Mrs Lincoln's Dressmaker", and now I want to learn more about the civil war and fashion history.  Terms that I have never heard before, and discussion of a quilt that I am just crazy to find a picture of.

In the mean time I am going back to my Christie.  Learning a little bit about the cold war in Destination Unknown.  I've also ordered the second book in the Aunt Dimity series, and because it is a quick read, I am hoping for over the next week end....

I found a copy of one of my favorite cook books, to send to Megan.  She and I are working our way through several books together, and cooking together is going to be so much fun.

I've really enjoyed taking this week off to just work on the working on Selena's room and getting my mind calmed and ready to face some tough decisions.  Life tends to throw changes in every time I get too comfortable.  Change is what is happening, that is for sure.

Time for a bit of reinvention

No comments:

Post a Comment